Frequently Asked Questions
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE AS A NONPROFIT PARTNER?
- 501(c)(3) nonprofits in Oregon. Earth Day Oregon is a statewide initiative.
- Partners must advance one or more of the 17 United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals in Oregon. The goals are a framework for global action in partnership to achieve sustainability.
WHAT DO WE COMMIT TO DOING AS A BUSINESS PARTNER OF THE EARTH DAY OREGON CAMPAIGN?
- Each Business Partner agrees to make a meaningful monetary contribution directly to their Nonprofit Partner(s) in honor of Earth Day, and to get the word out about the partnership as part of Earth Day Oregon.
WHY SHOULD MY BUSINESS PARTICIPATE?
A sampling of what business partners said was the best part about participating in Earth Day Oregon 2022:
- “Being able to give back and allowing our customers to join in on our values”
- “It allows us to be a leader in advancing sustainability in our community”
- “It inspires clients/customers to choose to shop/engage with our company”
- “Opportunities to connect with donors and like-minded business leaders”
- “Participating with a new nonprofit partner and building greater connections for future collaboration”
- “It shows our employees and the public that we act on our values”
- “Meeting people at the partners-only Earth Month kick-off party”
WHAT IS EARTH DAY OREGON’S ROLE?
Earth Day Oregon:
- Coordinates and promotes the Earth Day Oregon campaign to maximize visibility for partners and statewide action on Earth Day (April 22nd), and all Earth Month long.
- Prepares cohesive campaign branding and carries out a broad PR and social media plan to maximize attention and support for Earth Day Oregon partners.
- Develops partnerships statewide to bolster the campaign’s reach and impact.
- Connects with Sponsors who give to Earth Day Oregon in support of the overall campaign. (A portion of these gifts is distributed as need-based mini-grants to eligible Nonprofit Partners at the end of the campaign.)
- Engages eligible Oregon nonprofit partners to join the annual campaign and runs informational and orientation meetings.
- Provides support, regular communications, campaign resources, and events to support Nonprofit Partners (and their Business Partners) in their campaign efforts, aiming to make it as accessible and easy to participate as possible.
- Hosts an online Earth Day Oregon action hub including a partner directory with links to donate, a partner event/engagement calendar for the public, and more.
- Plans and hosts regional partner events to kick off Earth Month and build connections among partners.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
- Still have questions or want to connect? Email Executive Director Kelly Stevens: firstname.lastname@example.org.